Allergy refers to the abnormal reactions of the human body’s immunity system. When a person suffers from a skin allergy, it implies that the body gets affected with an altered or abnormal tissue reaction after exposure to an antigen (also called an ‘allergen’). This reaction takes place when the body comes in contact with some specific substances, either by direct contact with the skin or through the bloodstream, or through various mucous membranes of the organs. In this blog, we will share causes and tips about how to cure skin allergy at home.
Causes of Skin Allergies:
Before knowing how to cure skin allergy, we need to know the root cause of it. Allergies are caused due to varied conditions and substances like:
- Dust, pollens, poisonous plants, serums, vaccines, and animal hair.
- Heat, cold, and sunlight.
- Certain foods like nuts, wheat, oranges, milk, eggs, fish and other seafood, chocolates, strawberries, tomatoes, etc.
- Various types of chemical products like cosmetics, and drugs.
- Genetics factor. In Twins, generally, we see the same kind of allergic disease.
- Certain refined, processed foods.
- Emotional and psychological stress etc.
Home Remedies for Skin Allergies
- Potato Flour: One of the popular home remedies for allergies like the rash is to melt 3 full tbsp of potato flour in a glass of water. Add this to a bucket of water. Take a bath using this water. If you have a bathtub, fill it with more buckets and relax in the tub 2-3 times a day.
- Avocado: Apply avocado paste on the rash.
- Green tea: Green tea has natural antihistamines and is one of the best home remedies for allergies. If you don’t like green tea, you can also have black tea. Chamomile tea is another alternative. Sweeten it with honey and have it 2-3 times a day.
- Honey: Have 1 or 2 tsp of pure honey twice a day as honey is also a good home remedy for allergies. You can also check out some more benefits of honey.
- Ginger: This is a well-tested and trusted home remedy for allergies. Crush a piece of ginger after peeling it and place it into a mug. Now add boiling water over it. Steep it for a few minutes and have it at once. This is a mild decongestant and is one of the best diets for allergies.
- Apple cider vinegar: You can apply apple cider vinegar after diluting it with little water on bug bites or hives to get relief from the itching. You can also put a little vinegar in a bathwater.
- Neem: Neem (Azadirachta indica) is another useful herb and in Ayurveda, it is considered as best anti-septic and disinfectant. Neem juice is popularly used even today for blood disorders, skin allergies, boils, skin infections, etc. For more information on this herb, check out Azadirachta indica.
- Castor Oil: If you have allergies to the intestinal tract, skin, and nasal passages, castor oil is a good option. Add five drops of castor oil in half a cup of water or any fruit or vegetable juice. Drink this on an empty stomach in the morning. This is very helpful.
- Lime: This is an effective remedy for any kind of allergy. Take a glass of lukewarm water, squeeze half a lime in it, and sweeten it with a teaspoon of honey. Have this daily in the morning on an empty stomach. This helps you prevent getting allergic reactions. It flushes the system of toxins and is also an antitoxic and antiallergic agent. This is also an effective weight loss technique. However, those who are allergic to citrus fruits should not resort to this remedy.
- Bananas: If you have skin rashes, digestive disorders, or asthma, you can have one or two bananas a day. Bananas are useful to those who are allergic to certain foods.
- Vegetable Juices: Vegetable juices like carrot juice mixed with beet and cucumber juices, have been proven to be beneficial in the treatment of allergies.
- Fresh fruit juices: One of the most ideal methods to prevent or overcome allergies is to strengthen overall physical resistance. For this, you should have a proper diet of nutrients which should include fresh fruits and vegetables. Fresh fruit juice is very helpful for preventing allergies. For this, the patient should fast on fresh fruit juices for a week. Repeated short fresh fruit juice fasts are likely to result in better tolerance to allergies.
Other treatments to know how to cure skin allergy: Avoid stress, do meditation, exercise, yoga, and mind control
Arogya Formulations is a leading healthcare third-party contract manufacturing company. We are manufacturing quality-based Hand sanitizers & other skincare products to protect individuals from skin allergies.
To know more, contact us