You walk down the grocery store aisle and you’ll find tons of protein powders to choose from. There are organic protein powders, hemp-based protein powders, pea-protein powders, and protein powder that even taste like breakfast cereals.
But how do choose the best for your muscles and body from the sea of protein powders available in the market? If you’re an athlete, a casual gym-goer, or just want to lose some kilos while maintaining or boosting your upper and lower-body strength, whey protein is your go-to option.
Not just because it tastes excellent and comes in a variety of flavors but because research backs it. It contains a wide range of amino acids which is not available in plant-based protein powders. The huge market demand has even called for a vegan and gluten-free options of whey protein.
Clearly, when choosing among the variety of proteins, whey protein is your option. Yet, the question remains, where to find the best whey protein in India? Who manufactures the best quality whey protein in India? Which brand to trust?
This article is all about that. Let’s read along and find the best whey protein manufacturers in India that fits your lifestyle and workout routine.
Understand Whey Protein better
Protein is a macronutrient that every cell in your body needs and is quite essential to build and retain muscle strength. According to the Diet Reference Intake (DRI), a normal body requires 0.8g per kg protein which can be challenging with a routine diet. And that’s where nutritional supplements like Whey protein takes up the role.
It is a group of 8 proteins which is usually made from milk but there are vegan alternatives available. Whey protein contains 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. Typically, there are three main types of whey protein:
Whey protein concentrate: contains 25-89% protein and a variable content of fat and lactose
Whey protein isolate: contains more than 90% protein and is lower in fat, lactose, and carbs
Whey protein hydrolysate: this is an easier to digest form of whey protein which is used to accelerate absorption rates and infant formula.
Debunking Whey protein myths before buying
Whey protein is an excellent nutrient supplement though it comes with its own set of pros and cons. The cons associated with Whey protein are the myths that you buy along. Here are some common myths to bust:
Myth 1: Whey is not a natural supplement
Fact: Whey is nothing artificial. It is in fact the byproduct produced during the manufacturing of chesses and tofu. When milk coagulates after adding edible acids, solid components are further sent for processing, while the remaining liquid part is WHEY.
Myth 2: Whey protein intake damages kidney or liver
Fact: There’s absolutely no definite link between Whey protein and the liver and it cause no harm to liver within permissible limits. However, if taken in excessive amounts it can cause damage to kidneys.
Myth 3: Consuming whey protein makes you muscular
Fact: Whey protein cannot promote the growth of muscle mass, however, it aids in faster muscle healing.
As the myths cloud around the whey protein market, people still get afraid of embracing it as a nutritional supplement. It is an all-natural protein supplement that show no to least side effects which are otherwise present in other kinds of supplements.
How to choose the Best Protein Manufacturing company in India?
After all the facts and information displayed here, you must be sure to switch to Whey protein. However, the doubt remains which is the best protein manufacturer in India? Below-mentioned are the few pointers that segregate the best from others. Let’s learn about them in detail:
- Product quality and testing: The best protein manufacture would run a third-party test on their supplements to ensure they are free of heavy metals, mycotoxins and substances banned in professional sports.
- Certifications and authorization: It is suggested to check and confirm if the company is legally authorized and certified. Double-check the reviews, reputation, history, and legal authorization of the company before buying their supplements. Here’s what you should look for:
- ISO certification
- Manufacturing plant should be approved by WHO & GMP
- DGCI approved product list
- Ingredients: Choose the protein powder manufacturers that doesn’t add ingredients you may want to avoid, such as, sweeteners, high amounts of added sugar, artificial colorings, etc.
- Brand Trust: Trust is the foremost priority while choosing the best protein powder manufacturers in India. Try choosing the one that healthcare professionals trust or that meets your health and standard requirements.
This list cuts down 50% of the hustle of finding the best whey protein manufacturers in India, and we’ll further trim the hustle by listing a company that checks all these parameters and fits all your requirements and safety standards.
Arogya Formulations – Leading whey protein manufacturers in India
Arogya Formulations has kept its shoulder to the wheel in order to deliver the best to its customers. Fine-tuning the quality of its products, Arogya Formulations has attained and justified being the top nutraceuticals health and protein products manufacturers for 25 years now.
Extensive research and the processes they employ for product development is the result of quality norms in our DNA. Justifying the title of the best whey protein manufacturer of India, they have expanded their presence in 10+ countries, 500+ satisfied clients, marking a huge existence in 28 states with the quality manufacturing and range of nutraceuticals products.
Here’s the list of products:
- Whey Protein [Available in pack size of 1, 2 & 5kg]
- Isolate Whey Protein [Available in pack size of 1, 2 & 5kg]
- Protein powder for kids [Available in pack size 200gm]
- Protein powder for mother [Available in pack size 200gm]
- Protein powder for all age group [Available in pack size 200gm]